The virtual Landa Kongreso is coming, from June 12th–19th!
We’re looking for volunteers to lead programs of up to 45 minutes on topics of their choosing. These can be anything from formal lectures with slides, to informal talks, to group discussions, games, sing-alongs, musical performances: you choose!
Contact us at lk2021 at esperanto-usa dot org before May 25th with brief (one paragraph) descriptions of your proposals.
Need ideas? Here are just a few topics members said they’d like to see covered:
- Stories of traveling with Esperanto
- Board games
- Presentations by writers and artists
- Beginners’ conversation groups
- Common mistakes made by English speakers
- Language clinics/instruction
- Musical performances
- How to translate idioms
- Advice on learning materials, dictionaries
- Informing the general public about Esperanto
- Esperanto in prisons
- Literature, e-books
- How to grow your local group
- How to make Esperanto-USA more active
- Esperanto in YouTube
- Promoting Esperanto to special-interest groups
- Methods for language learning
- Religious services in Esperanto
- Global warming and the environment
- Civil rights
- Amateur radio
And we’re open to further suggestions, of course. Let us know!